SNOOKER LEAGUE RULES
- Teams to consist of six players playing one frame each, two
points awarded for each frame won. If a team is short of players
on the night, up to two players can play another frame, only one
point shall be awarded if that player wins. These names to be
drawn at the start of the match from at least four players. Players
will have individual handicaps, to be placed on scoreboard at
start of each frame.
- Home captains shall be responsible for organising the draw
and playing order.
- League winners will be the team having the highest number
of points at the end of the season.
- Any team with less than four players, team opponents will
be awarded two points per frame not played.
- Home team Captain shall be responsible for match sheets completed
with each player's Christian and Surname (nicknames are not permitted
on score sheets), and must be received by the Snooker secretary
by last post on Saturday following the match. Late arrivals will
incur 1 point being deducted.
- Players from Lower divisions may play in a Higher division
within the same club on a maximum of six matches per season.
Players from a Higher divisions may not play in Lower divisions
having once played in that season. Players may play for one team
only in a cup competition in any one season. Knockout and Secretary's
cup are deemed the same competition.
- League matches to commence at 7:30pm with play continuous
until the end of the match. If a delay does occur one frame is
forfeited after 15 minutes and thereafter every 30 minutes.
- Leagues to consist of a maximum of 12 teams.
- All complaints, problems, queries etc., applicable to Snooker
MUST be referred to the Snooker Secretary initially.
- A player may play for only one team on any match night.
- If a team play an unregistered player the frame will be awarded
to the opposing team regardless of the result.
- One point will be deducted if results not phoned in as instructed.
- When matches are officiated by quallified referees, the MISS
RULE may be applied at the discretion of the referee.
SNOOKER CUP MATCHES RULES
- In all Knockout and Secretary's cup matches, teams to consist
of six players, playing one frame each, two points awarded for
each frame won. If a team is short of players on the night, up
to two players can play another frame, only one point shall be
awarded if that player wins, these names should be drawn at thew
start of the match.
- Teams which play a Cup tied or unregistered player will be
disqualified from the competition.
- In both the Knock-Out and Secretary's Cup, league handicaps
to be put on scoreboard at start of each frame.
- In a draw situation each captain will nominate one person
to play a deciding game.
INDIVIDUAL SNOOKER RULES
- The dates and venues of all rounds, semi-finals, final and
general conditions to be decided by the secretary in accordance
with the general rules.
- The pairs, Handicap and Division individuals will all be
played over the best of 5 frames. Handicaps shall not apply to
division individual or pairs tournaments.
- All rounds to be drawn on a home or away basis, except Semi-finals
and finals which shall be on nominated tables.
- It is the responsibility of the HOME
player(s) to contact their opponents
within 7 days of the draw being circulated to arrange the date
on which the match is to be played. If a date cannot be agreed,
the matter to be referred to the Snooker secretary. Winners to
notify the secretary by phone on completion of match. If the secretary
does not receive a result by the stipulated date BOTH players
will be eliminated from the competition.
HARDIMENT TROPHY RULES
- Trophy was presented to the League by Mr. Hardiment (late
- To be competed for each season by Billiards and Snooker Leagues
- Type of competition to be decided at the AGM.
- Rules to be within general league practice.